Monetta is currently seeking a part-time Marketing & Communications Specialist to help generate additional visibility of the firm and its offerings among prospective investors. This role presents an opportunity to think creatively with a high degree of autonomy to build and implement a successful marketing program. This role offers flexible hours and may be eligible for benefits.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will report to Monetta’s Vice President and Portfolio Manager. This individual will help raise awareness of the Monetta mutual funds among individual investors, financial advisory firms and other prospective intermediary and institutional investors. This individual will build and implement the firm’s marketing program, which includes financial education and outreach to kids and their parents/grandparents. In order to effectively communicate with a wide audience, this individual should have expertise in digital marketing including website management, email marketing and social media.
The individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills, enjoy conversing and networking as s/he may be asked to attend industry events or conferences and speak with current or prospective investors. This individual will work collaboratively with internal and external partners including Monetta’s portfolio managers and the firm’s outside compliance and public relations firms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute marketing plan to raise awareness of Monetta and its funds
- Help revamp the firm’s financial literacy program and outreach to children, schools, parents and grandparents
- Work closely with external PR firm to disseminate content through various channels, coordinating news releases and media opportunities; serve as day to day contact for the firm’s PR firm
- Manage and make updates to the firm’s website
- Manage and update firm’s social media accounts including LinkedIn and potentially Facebook
- Develop reports, presentations and other marketing materials as needed
- Develop email marketing program to current and prospective investors
- Support the firm’s sales and marketing efforts by generating new leads
- Build relationships with existing investors through quarterly or semi-annual outreach
- Build and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Attend investment industry conferences or events if needed (a small amount of domestic travel may be required)
- Ensure information about the funds is accessible and accurate on various investment platforms such as eVestment and Morningstar
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Marketing, communications, advertising or related experience
- The ability to think creatively and outside the box
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- A high degree of professionalism and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proficiency in InDesign a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress to manage and update the website
- Comfortable using social media platforms including LinkedIn and Facebook
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO and SEM/Google AdWords a plus
- Ability to build and manage a basic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and email marketing program
If interested in applying for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.