Shortlisted for 2018 Mutual Fund Industry Awards
WHEATON, IL—March 5, 2018. Monetta Financial Services, Inc.’s “basic portfolio building block” mutual fund offering, the Monetta Young Investor Fund (MYIFX), has been shortlisted as a finalist in the 2018 Mutual Fund Industry Awards sponsored by Fund Intelligence.
The Monetta Core Growth Fund is a finalist in the “Fund Innovation of the Year” category, which is part of the Judge’s Choice Awards category. The full list of finalists, , includes:
- Charles Schwab index mutual fund expense reductions
- Great-West Financial’s Dynamic Retirement Manager
- State Street Fund Modernization and Reporting tool for ETFs
- The Monetta Core Growth Fund (formerly the Monetta Young Investor Fund)
- WisdomTree Investments’ Advisor Solutions Platform
“We are honored to be included among the esteemed finalists for the Fund Innovation award,” said Robert Bacarella, founder of Monetta Financial Services and co-portfolio manager of the Monetta Young Investor Fund. “Especially since the 2008 financial crisis, investors have been searching for a ‘better way.’ There have been many innovations over the past 10 years, but we believe the combination of active and passive together in one basic portfolio building block is among the most useful to a broad range of investors.”
The Monetta Core Growth Fund seeks long-term capital growth by employing a symbiotic “passive/active” investment approach. The Fund invests approximately 50% of its assets in exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and other funds that, together, seek to track the S&P 500® Index. The balance of the Fund is invested in high-quality, large-capitalization growth companies that have demonstrated a history of improving revenue and earnings growth.
The Fund is intended to serve as a core component a portfolio, whether as a first-ever investment by a young investor or as a basic portfolio building block for an investor of any age. The combination of passive and active provides a turnkey solution—broad-based market exposure plus a carefully selected group of high-quality, growth-oriented companies.
While the fund is suitable for investors of all ages, the genesis of the Fund was to provide young investors with an appropriate investment vehicle that could also be educational and help families save for college. To that end:
- Monetta has a partnership with the SAGE Tuition Rewards Scholarship program, which allows children to earn credits toward tuition at participating colleges.
- Monetta also provides a “Kids Financial Kit” consisting of basic educational materials.
- Monetta sends quarterly “Young Investor” newsletters to young investors with topical educational articles.
Monetta Financial Services, Inc. is a boutique Registered Investment Advisor founded in 1984. The firm launched its flagship Monetta Fund in 1986, emphasizing a growth-oriented investment philosophy. The Monetta Core Growth Fund (formerly the Monetta Young Investor Fund) launched in 2006, combining a passive and active investment approach within the same fund—to serve as a turnkey solution for investors of all ages. Learn more at www.monetta.com.